APCP AWARD - 7TH EDITION
STATUTES AND INFORMATION
(A) Statutes PhD Prize
1. The Portuguese Political Science Association Prize is meant to stimulate creativity and
thoroughness in Political Science and International Relations research. The Prize will be given
to the best PhD thesis in these areas.
2. Proceedings will take place between Congresses. For the current 7th edition, the deadline for
the presentation of proposals will be the 28th of February 2020.
3. The Prize sum is fifteen hundred euros (1.500€).
4. Eligible PhD theses are all those authored by Portuguese citizens, foreign citizens who
develop their research in Portuguese institutions or whose dissertations focus on lusophone
5. The jury will consider the following criteria:
originality of the presented work;
its scientific grounds;
the relevance of its contribution to the area of research.
6. Submitted theses, whether published or non-published, must have been defended between
30th November of the year before the last Congress and 30th November of the year preceding
the next Congress. Theses written in in Portuguese, Spanish, French, English and Italian are
7. Proposals must be seconded by one of the external examiners of the PhD thesis.
8. Applications are submitted electronically through a link or email provided by APCP.
9. The application for the Prize consists of:
The thesis in PDF format.
The researcher’s curriculum in PDF format.
A scanned copy of the PhD degree certificate.
Declaration of one of the external examiners of the thesis jury seconding the
Information on the membership of the PhD thesis jury, if this is not included in the
10. Only applications which include all elements stated above will be accepted.
11. Candidates may be requested to provide hard copies of the information specified in point 8
of these statutes or evidence demonstrating the compliance of the application with the
stipulations in these statutes. The applicant must provide these within fifteen days, with
applications excluded in case of failure to comply.
12. The jury shall be chosen by the APCP Executive Committee but will be an independent
body. The President of the jury shall have the casting vote. Members of APCP's governing
bodies will not be part of the jury.
13. The jury can decide to not award the prize or divide it among several theses.
14. The results will be made public during the Congress.
(B) Information regarding the 7th edition of the APCP Prize
As stipulated above, the application deadline for the 7th edition of the APCP Prize is 28th of
February 2020. Theses eligible are those defended between 30 November 2017 and 30
Applications should be made through the following link:
The Jury of the 7th edition of the APCP Award is chaired by João Cardoso Rosas
For more information: email@example.com